Saturday 2 May 2009

The winner! and chicken tonight

An early post today. First of all – yay! We have a free lunch winner! It’s actually a whole family that is about to extend in a few weeks. :) I don’t think they’ll be able to make it to the Netherlands to collect their lunch any time soon. They have to stay in Slovenia and wait for their new baby to arrive. So I am preparing a ‘lunch bag’ to send them which is challenging because of the new baby. :)

I had my favourite chicken dish tonight and thought I’d share the recipe with you. The original recipe is here, but if your Russian is not that good, use my modified version. It takes about 30 minutes and in that time I normally manage to cook rice and make a salad as well. (And now I fully realise why food photography is considered a difficult profession.)


Ingredients for 2 persons:
2 chicken breast filets
1 table spoon flour
2 table spoons olive oil
1 orange
50ml white wine
2 table spoons cream
salt, pepper


1. Wash the orange and grate the outer (orange) layer of skin. Put the grated skin aside. Cut the orange in two halves. Squeeze the juice out of one half and put the juice aside. Cut off the skin from the other half and cut it in slices.
2. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan. Cut the chicken filets in bite-size pieces and roll them in the flour mixed with salt and pepper. Bake the chicken in oil for 5-6 minutes, turn the pieces regularly.
3. Add the grated orange skin, orange juice and wine to the pan and bring to boil. Lower the heat and let it stew for 8-10 minutes.
4. Add the cream and the orange slices and heat up for a minute.
Voilà! Have a good meal!

I am off to Chicoleo in Scheveningen for a salsa party!

Trivia: I always have white wine for cooking in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog