Saturday 30 May 2009

Stille Nacht and the core of our crisis

Today we saw two theatre plays (they come as a package) by Vakhtangov Theatre: one based on the "Le Ultime Lune" by Furio Bordon and the other one based on Harald Müller's "Stille Nacht". Both plays were fantastic, but I liked the first one more. Both stories deal with issues of getting old and being lonely because the society (and family in particular) tries to get rid of the elderly. I've got enough food for thought.

After the theatre I went for a quick sushi with a friend of mine. We went to school together and it's amazing how we are able to skip the years in-between and just sit there and talk as if we never had a break of twenty years! We confessed to each other that we are in the middle of a crisis now. It's not just me because my relationship fell apart and I have to rearrange my life all of a sudden. It's not just him because he'd started a new business again. It seems the whole "Made in 1974" has a crisis now. What is it about? Why is it happening? I suggested that the core of this crisis is that we don't know what we want. He agreed, but he probably needs to think it over still. And we certainly need another meeting before I leave – too many things to discuss. The twenty-year long break…

Trivia: I finished school in 1991.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog