Sunday 24 May 2009

Day 1 - My heart

We left home at 6:15 to catch our 8:20 flight. It's been a long time since I used a Russian airplane for the last time. We had a Tu-154 M*. The flight wasn't very crowded, the service was fine and they certainly do know how to land. Compliments for Aeroflot, I didn't have such high expectations. We did not head for the city today. We were tired, it was raining and we wanted to spend some time with our family. We went to see a “historical ball” at the Museum of the Great Patriotic War on the Poklonnaya hill. It was a ball where they danced all kinds of ball dances from nineteenth century. Some people were dressed accordingly, so it was fun to watch. I love to dance and it was nice to see all the dances I don't know.
When we walked back Masha has announced that she needed my help to make two presentations for school. She needs to submit them tomorrow and there is no Power Point on their computer. Good luck with that! After dinner I have installed OpenOffice and compiled two presentations for her. I was ready by midnight and Masha was long in bed by then. :) Now when everyone is off to their beds (there are two more guests staying), I can sort out the pictures and write this post.

It's a strange feeling: I was tired and it was cold and rainy, but I still felt calm and happy as soon as I stepped out of the airport. It's a kind of quiet and peaceful happiness I always feel when I come here. I pretend to be jealous because it's such a good weather in the Netherlands, but in fact I couldn't care less. I am in Moscow! Moscow is the centre of my world. It has always been. And actually it's more. Moscow is my heart. That's why it feels so good to be here. I live my life separated from my heart. In the past twelve years the distance has been too long. That's why these years have been so difficult and so extremely painful in the beginning. I was trying to explain this to Remie just an hour ago and he said I was being melancholic. Maybe. I am going to get some sleep.


Trivia: when I'm in Moscow I don't like to use any other transportation other then the metro.

2 comments:

  1. Cold? It was average 23 degrees here and will be around 30 today ;-) Let me know if Masha had any interoperability problems using PPT that was compiled with OOo! I must admit I never tried it!

    Enjoy Moscow ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she did. She is taking her laptop to school tomorrow. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog