Saturday 9 May 2009

Trying to be nice?

My eye has healed, YAY! No pain! This morning it looked red, the eyelids were swollen and I had some photophobia (sunglasses help) but now everything is back to normal.

Today a man from my salsa class approached me before the class and asked whether I would like to dance salsa on weekends. This does not sound strange, but I can tell you: the guy definitely has a lot of nerve! I was not really prepared for this. I said I like dancing on weekends and motioned in the direction of ‘my’ dance partner (who was helping with the beginners lesson before ours) saying I already do weekend dancing with him. Yes, I sort of have a 'permanent' salsa partner since a couple of weeks. Which is nice. Anyway, back to our sheep. I did not need to use an excuse of being ‘taken’, I could have just said “no, I am not interested”. Why didn’t I do that?

The last little jewel from Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (I have finished reading it and will not give you anymore quotes, go read it yourself!): “You can see the most beautiful things from the observation deck of the Empire State Building. I read somewhere that people are supposed to look like ants, but that’s not true. They look like little people.”

The daily gadget (just to make sure you understand how good Feist really is):


Trivia: I’ve never tried to count men I have turned down.

3 comments:

  1. Start with a definition about 'what is nice', sometimes the thruth is in the long term nicer than a soft unthruth :)
    So, don't whine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe because you're being creative and you want to be next year change for the Eurovision :) :)

    Remember Abba, the 1974 winner of the Eurovision with Waterloo, having also a song about change.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog