Sunday 5 April 2009

Oekraïnedag

Today was Oekraïnedag (Ukraine Day). It’s an event organised twice a year by a Ukraine related organisation in the Netherlands – SPSN-O. I haven’t attended this event for years, but today it was held in The Hague and I had no excuse. The topic for the day was ‘Ukraine – holiday land’ and I was not interested in the lectures and workshops. I came to meet some people I know and like, but don’t manage to see often enough. So I spent most of the time in the cafeteria chatting with several people. It was fun!

Some people I don’t know at all or can recall very vaguely came at me like they where old friends asking how I was doing. I felt a little embarrassed until someone explained to me that I did not have to introduce myself because everyone knows me from THE film. The film! Of course. Last year there was an unofficial premiere of “Sasja and Natasha” by Leen van der Berg at the Ukraine Day and most of the people attending have seen it. It’s very strange to be “famous” for something like this. I am not sure how I feel about that….


Trivia: it took us about two years to make "Sasja and Natasha".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog