Friday 10 July 2009

Breast cancer – good news!

Good news: the relationship between migraine headaches in women and a significant reduction in breast cancer risk has been confirmed in a follow-on study to landmark research published last year and conducted by scientists at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. The new study found a 26 percent reduced risk of breast cancer among both premenopausal and postmenopausal women with a clinical diagnosis of migraines. I’ve never been diagnosed, but I like the idea that I don’t have those horrible headaches for nothing!
Mercer has published the 2009 Cost of Living survey where they compare the prices for 200 items in 143 world cities. I was trying to see which cities are on the list, or rather – whether Kiev and The Hague are on the list. Unfortunately one has to buy the whole report to see the full list. Kiev is supposedly on the list, but not in top 50. I am not sure about The Hague, but give the amount of ex-pats here, it must be! I like the idea that I live in a world city. :)

Timeline: 1980 – Fashion Queen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog