Sunday 20 September 2009

Chair

punc-tu-a-tion
1. the practice or system of using certain conventional marks or characters in writing or printing in order to separate elements and make the meaning clear, as in ending a sentence or separating clauses.
2. the act of punctuating.
3. punctuation marks.
Russian has a very elaborate set of punctuation rules. There is also something known as “author’s punctuation” meaning the author uses punctuation according to his own logic. I love punctuation. Too bad English and Dutch have hardly any rules on punctuation.

A couple of days ago I walked into a second hand furniture shop (a strange mixture between a thrift store and an antiques salon) where I bought a lamp some years ago. Every once in a while they have nice things there, so the shop is definitely worth checking. Now I am looking for a couch for my living room. I hope I will spend more time there if I have a couch I like. They didn’t have a couch for me. But I have spotted something else. A chair. It looks more like a throne and I am afraid it’s not comfortable at all. But look at the decoration!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog