Saturday 22 August 2009

Fireworks

It was a good idea to go watch the fireworks. I have sand in my pockets. I loved the show. I am still cold from night freshness, cold wind and Ben&Jerry’s.

Scheveningen pier

Making photo’s of the fireworks requires good equipment, fast reaction and a lot of patience. I don't have any of that.

“I don’t want to sit here, there are too many kids.” “The older you get, the more kids you see around. You can’t avoid that.” And we are old. We see young girls in bikinis going to swim and instead of thinking of the fun they have we think of all the possible painful consequences (cold water + cold wind + female body = not a good combination). We (the three of us) only need eight beers and one fresh mint tea (guess who was drinking that) for the whole evening. We are heading home at 23:30.

Timeline: 1988

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog