Sunday 16 May 2010

Tetragga Feya

Biking through the streets of The Hague at 3:30 in the morning proved to be a whole new experience. For the first time in my life I left home by bike so late (or early, depending on your definition). You might know, I am totally not afraid to be alone out on the streets at such an hour. Still I decided not to go through the park, but rather take a D-tour and bike around it. I was not the only one biking and there were quite some cars on the roads. No pedestrians, though. I successfully managed to ignore all traffic lights on my way. I got there in a little more than ten minutes - something I don't have to hope for in daylight.

I didn't expect the conversation to be so difficult. Although, I didn't expect anything at all. I didn't have a plan. I just needed to be there to save me (or maybe both of us) from tears. Tears will inevitably come and mark an end to an era of tranquillity. But not yet. I'm not ready!

I was feeling weary. I have danced till two, waited till three, talked and cried till half past five. After that we went to get cigarettes and bread at the nearest gas station. We were not the only customers. It was almost light outside when we finally went to bed. I have a lot of food for thought. I guess we both do.

India Martinez - Tetragga Feya

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog