Sunday 16 May 2010

Money lending

A friend of mine needed help with untangling some financial issues. I offered to read through some contracts and write several letters. I spent my day browsing through the websites of all kinds of money lending companies and reading contracts and terms and conditions.

I was:
- appalled by how shamelessly they try to make you believe that lending great sums of money will make your life easy;
- astounded by the high interest rates;
- shocked by how people can get themselves in such a deep money shit;
- astonished by how money lending companies are all interlinked with banks and other financial institutions and how untransparent these links are;
- flabbergasted by how easily people lend money for things like new furniture, fancy cars and vacations;
- overall surprised money lending business flourishes: if all people were like me, the whole money lending would collapse or, rather would have never existed in the first place.

Now I actually feel very happy because I don't have this kind of problems. I will sleep well tonight!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you. I even have a lot of doubt of ever closing a mortage to buy a house!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog