Tuesday 29 June 2010

Never Let Me Go

I finished reading the book. I've finished reading last Saturday and have been going through it over and over in my mind. I wish I could prevent things from happening, even though I know everything described in the book is a fantasy. The tragedy is so great and what's scary is that it almost could be true. 'Never Let Me Go' evokes almost the same effect as 'The Elementary Particles' by Michel Houellebecq: even though you know this is all a 'lie' you still live waiting for the described future to happen. The only difference is that Ishiguro doesn't promise you anything good at all. He gently leads you to the darkness and then shuts the door behind you. There's no escape. The only thing that rests for you is weep...

If you fully take it in, this book might leave your mind in an agonising pain. Don't read it if you're looking for peace and easy entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog