Sunday 14 March 2010

Stadsbal

 So this was the Stadsbal last night in the Atrium of the City Hall of The Hague.  A ball is about dressing up and shining, so I had my “cha-cha-cha” dress on. It has lots of fringe all around the dress which makes all my turns look spectacular. I was very satisfied with the result - enough compliments. Dancing in such a dress proves to be quite comfortable too - I will certainly wear it more often. It's a pity we've forgotten the camera, so I hope the organisers have caught us on film and will share the pictures any time soon.

Even though I didn't get to dance the ballroom part because my dance partner couldn't come, I still enjoyed the party. The ball was fantastic and I was trying to figure out what made it different from all the other big salsa parties. People dress up, there is a live band and a show, the music and the floor is good - all the ingredients one is very likely to meet at any large salsa parties. What's different is dancing space - lots and lots of space - and good air-conditioning. This means no bumping into each other, no scars on your feet and the possibility to make big moves and complicated shines (not that I do those, but still). This also means that you clothes are not saturated with sweat - a huuuge plus.

Too bad Stadsbal is only once a year...

Rodry-Go Comenzo la Rumba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog