It's been a while since I shared any food inspiration with you. Here's one of those lazy recipes I use when I have no inspiration and no time to cook something new or complicated. The original recipe can be found here (in Russian). Mine is modified.
300g chicken filet
300g pasta (spaghetti and tagliatelle are not suitable for this dish)
1 red or yellow paprika
1 small onion
150g grated cheese
1 stock cube (bouillon cube)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pan of slightly salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and a little olive oil and cook until tender, but still firm to the bite.
2. Bring a smaller pan of water to the boil. Cut the chicken filets in bite sized pieces. When the water boils, crumble the stock cube into the boiling water and add the chicken.
3. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Butter the oven dish. Cut the paprika in small pieces. Peel the onion and cut it in pieces approximately as big as paprika pieces.
4. In a little bowl mix half of the cheese with cream, salt and pepper.
5. Drain the pasta and put it in the oven dish. Take the chicken out of the stock and add to the pasta. Add paprika, onion and the cream&cheese mixture. Mix everything with a large spoon.
6. Scatter the rest of the cheese over the pasta and put the dish in the oven for 15 minutes.
The whole exercise will cost you about 20 minutes + 15 minutes oven time. I didn't have any paprika today, so I used a tomato - works!