Thursday, 25 February 2010

Conversion frustration

My project at Versteegh is moving towards the end. Now we are extremely busy with testing, making last adjustments and preparing all the data to be converted from the old system to the new one. The latter drives everybody absolutely crazy. There are enormous amounts of data to be converted: suppliers, articles and customers. I got lucky too - have to prepare a sheet with 6000 lines of customer data for conversion. I was doing fine until yesterday afternoon all of a sudden I saw that I missed one record somewhere. For 6000 customers I only had 5999 country codes. Help! I thought I was lucky to discover and fix the problem in only one hour. But then all of a sudden I had 5998 customers and 5999 country codes. I've spent another hour today to fix that. Now I realise that my conversion table will need a very thorough check after it's complete. Tomorrow is another day...

Roll The Dice - Guadeloupe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog