Friday 19 February 2010

Olympics

I don't like sports. I never practiced any sports and I do not enjoy watching any of it. There's one exception - figure skating. I love it! This goes way back into my childhood when I lived in Saratov with my grandparents. My grandparents would watch a lot of sports on TV. Football and ice hockey were for my grandfather who was a footballer in the thirties. Figure skating was for everyone. My grandparents had a B&W TV. Not many people had a colour TV set those days, so the commentary would always mention the colours of the costumes. Somehow that stayed carved in my memory.

My grandparents have both passed away some time ago, there are colour TV's and the programmes are getting more and more complicated each year. And I still enjoy watching figure skating. It's a pity they broadcast the competition live from Vancouver - it's too late at night. Well, I guess I'll have to wait till the next European Figure Skating Championship 2011 in Bern. There will be no time difference then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog