Monday 22 February 2010

Guard

I looked out of the window into the grey Morgenstond afternoon. Grey apartment blocks, bald trees and cold rain - just as expected. I was staring out of the window. Grey apartment blocks, bald trees and cold rain... Grey buildings, bald trees... wait, there is a heron down there in the grass. The grass was green, but it didn't change the greyness of the scene. The heron was grey. And it didn't move. It was standing there staring straight ahead and not moving. I looked at the heron for some time and then moved on with staring: grey buildings, bald trees, a heron... Oh, there is another heron on the roof and one more on the roof of the opposite building. They stood there, their hair messed up by the wind, and did not move. Next to the heron on the right building I saw a seagull. It was, just as the herons, just sitting on the roof and staring straight ahead. No movement. Suddenly I started seeing birds everywhere. They were emerging from the grey picture, they were everywhere: herons, seagulls, crows, jackdaws, magpies. They were sitting on the roofs, on the balconies, in the grass, in the trees and none of them was moving. They were all staring straight ahead ignoring the rain and the wind and me staring at them out of the window.  The little space with grass and trees surrounded by three buildings seemed to be equipped by a bird guard with several dozens of birds each knowing it's place and task. I looked a little longer trying to discover the treasure the birds were guarding with such devotion, but then I was done brushing my teeth and moved away from the window.

Salsa!


Oh, by the way, Axe Dark Temptation shower gel rules! Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog