Wednesday 6 January 2010

Precious

“I’m cold, do you have some tea for me?” “Oh, all these paintings – very nice!” “Do you feel like going to the movies? Ok, then we’ll go to the movies.” “Nice music! I’ll copy the whole collection of Putumayo for you if you copy this for me.” “By the way, I am officially single now!” You’d better be!!!

Tosca – Oysters in May


We were a little late. A group of boys was buying tickets and snacks. They were trying to be funny and cool (none of which was successful). One of the boys was making remarks about us not realising I actually speak and understand Dutch (my companion speaks English and of course both of us look foreign enough). When my companion took out his credit card to pay, the boy said: “Madam, do you have a daughter with such a credit card?” And I though: “Hey, the kid has estimated my age just about right, how nice!” :)

Precious is not a life changing experience, but it is a very nice film. It made me laugh, shudder, cry and wonder. It’s not too light and not too heavy – a nice evening out. Besides, it has Mariah Carey and Lenny Kravitz in it. ;)

By the way, I decided: Richard is bald!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog