Thursday 1 April 2010

Salad with a pear

I had a pear left from my market run last week. I like pears, but only as long as they are hard. This one was very ripe.  If I let it lay around another day it will start rotting away. When apples are not hard anymore I peel and rasp them, add a little sugar and cinnamon and eat that. Somehow it works. But a ripe pear will give too much juice and is not going well with cinnamon, not to my taste anyway. I was craving for fruits or vegetables, so I decided to make a salad and put the pear in it! It was delicious.

Feel like trying? Here's the secret.

For one salad freak like me or 2 normal human beings you will need:
3 or 4 leaves of iceberg lettuce
1/4 of a large cucumber
1/2 of a yellow paprika
1 tomato
1 pear
40g feta (I used Beyaz peynir - the Turkish equivalent)
1 table spoon of honey
1 table spoon of aceto balsamico
2 table spoons of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

1. Tear the lettuce leaves into bite size pieces. Peel the cucumber and the pear. Cut the cucumber, the paprika,  the tomato and the pear into bite size slices. Cut feta in small cubes. Put all these ingredients into a salad bowl.
2. Make the dressing by mixing honey, aceto balsamico, olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir well.
3. Add the dressing to the salad. Mix slightly.

Eet smakelijk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog