Monday 5 April 2010

Христос воскрес!

Today I spent seven (!) hours making these little kulichiki - Easter breads. This year they had to be so small because I wanted to give them to all my neighbours. They turned out really well and I have brought them around. I also used them to get to know my new neighbours. That went well too.


I still cannot believe I've spent seven hours cooking. But I start getting a grip on how to make this complicated yeast thing work right. I used this recipe (the same as last year), but used almost 50% more flour.

While waiting for the dough for kulichiki to rise I've also managed to bake a bread - in a bread machine, but still. It looks good, but I haven't had a chance to taste it yet. I hope to enjoy it for breakfast tomorrow.

No Easter without the Jesus Christ Superstar:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog