Wednesday 14 April 2010

Boundaries

Last night's conversation keeps on playing in my head. It was an argument. I'm not sure who won it and most importantly I'm not sure the issue is resolved now.
"You dance too close with other men. It's not acceptable! Not when you have a boyfriend!" He looked very upset and very angry.
"It's just dancing! Besides, there's a difference between close and too close. I know the difference." I was indignant and surprised by him showing his feelings so intense.
"To me it doesn't look like you do." This made me angry. I was counting to ten in the heavy silence.
"Ok, is this about men I've just met or does this apply to old dance partners as well?" I tried to figure out what exactly made him snap like that. He didn't answer. There we sat. Silent.
"You know what? Do as you please." I looked at him, puzzled.
"I talk like your husband, but I'm not. I overreacted. I'm sorry."
My further attempts to revive the subject to find a solution suitable for both of us  were totally ineffective.

How did I get here? And what do I do now?

Usher - U Got It Bad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog