Tuesday 24 March 2009

Salsa

I have nobody to talk to at the end of the day and I need to move more. Dancing is the answer! Unfortunately ballroom classes have started in January, too long ago for me to join. Luckily salsa lessons are just starting. So today (or is it already yesterday?) I went for a free trial lesson with Universalsa.

The level of today’s lesson was a little too high for me, so I might have to take another free lesson this week. But I get the point. Here are some of my observations:
+ you don’t need to bring your own partner with you
+ there are enough men
- you don’t get to choose a partner so half of the time you’ll have to put up with a man who doesn’t know how to lead
+ you move a lot
+ you get a lot of energy
+/- you spend a lot of energy
- you turn a lot (should I take my airsickness pills with me next time?)
+ salsa makes you happy :)

I was talking to Chris outside after the lesson. It’s funny how sometimes you are able to have a very open conversation with somebody you’ve just met!

Question: why did they all keep speaking English to me? Except for Chris who is not Dutch, but does not switch to English.
Trivia: I have never been single and lived on my own at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog