Tuesday 9 August 2011

Things I don’t understand

I don’t understand how people can live in very small countries. The ones you can walk in three days. Or more days, but still. The ones you can walk in a single vacation. How can people live in the countries isolated from the rest of the world by sea or mountains? Physical borders make me nervous. Any border makes me nervous, but physical are the worst.

I don’t understand skiing. Why would you spend loads of money for a flight (or bus), hotel, equipment, ski lift, and whatnot to stay for a week in the middle of nowhere and roll down a steep slope with a danger for your health? Most people I know have broken a bone at least once during skiing, but they still like it. I don’t get it.

I don’t understand how people can do the same job for their entire life. People like farmers. Or owners of those hotels in the mountains. Waking up in the morning and knowing what you are going to do today, every day for the next week, month, year. It’s like being able to see your future which is not different from your present or past. Not for me.

I don’t understand people deliberately isolating themselves somewhere without telephone or internet. It’s not like I am addicted to information, but the thought of not being able to have free access to loads of information makes me nauseous.

I don’t understand people who are afraid to fly or people who do not travel abroad. I cannot comprehend how people can survive with less than three hours of music a day. Or not like peaches. Or dream of a Rolex watch. Or buy one!

I don’t understand so many things! I think I leave it that way.

Cayetano - The secret

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog