Tuesday 22 March 2011

Nothing

I live a busy life. It’s my work, my interests (a lot), my social connections plus everything that comes along with that: groceries, cleaning, shopping, finances, contracts and disputes. But sometimes I feel like I need a break. At such a moment I don’t want to do anything. I just want to do nothing.

If I need a break from work I might do some extra complicated cooking, clean the house, knit while watching TV or read. I’ll probably be quite tired at the end of the day.

If I want a break from my house I try to meet with friends which can result in making a daytrip to Groningen. Such days are very inspiring, but very exhausting.

If I need a break from social activities I’ll most probably do some gardening or spend the whole day shopping. Shopping is gratifying, but usually means a headache at the end of the day and a great mess at home.

If I feel useless because I’ve been doing too much shopping, gardening and cooking I’ll go and make some serious progress in my work. That most probably will lead to some intense weariness.

Doing nothing is tough.

The Kills - U R A Fever

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog