Thursday 15 September 2011

Lost

So she met this man. He said he loved her. Apparently she wanted to believe it. Maybe it was true. It all depends on one’s definition of love really. In a couple of weeks she transformed into a person none of us was able to recognise anymore.

In a rapid tempo she was giving up things she'd always claimed to stand for. She stopped dancing. She changed her religion without even noticing it. She lost touch with men who wanted more from her. Then with men she used to be close with. She moved to another city giving up her apartment. Then she called her female friends with a formal announcement that she didn’t want any contact.

I was one of the lucky ones to receive a phonecall. “I now have a man who does everything for me. I am very happy.” - she said in a dry formal voice. Yesterday she deleted her Facebook and Hyves accounts wiping off contact possibility with many people at once. How long before she gives up her LinkedIn, changes her e-mail address and both phonenumbers?

I am now torn between being angry at her for abandoning me just like that and being scared for her sensing a future in total isolation. I know I can’t save her because she absolutely doesn’t want to be saved. But what am I to do? Lose her out of sight and pretend everything’s fine? I don’t know...


I don’t know why, but I found this song very comforting today: Elin Ruth Sigvardsson - Dead Man Walking (you’d better listen to this song on Spotfy, though)

6 comments:

  1. What is happening now is a very usual situation. :) Just continue talking to her like nothing happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Michael How can I continue talking to her if there's no contact?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems my comment from the phone didn't get published, so here I go again. To me it sounds like a classic case of a man who is extremely jealous and want to controle his girlfriend's every move and contact and there is a risk she will end up completely isolated and a "battered wife". And you can't have contact with her if she doesn't want to, but you can enquire about her with everyone she knows if you are worried. If she is in trouble she might be to ashamed to admit it and to isolated to be able to get the help she needs. Or I am just overreacting. But "breaking up" with all your close friends seem a bit weird to me...

    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Johanna At the moment she is happy. She doesn't need any help because she's giving up all her friends willingly. I hope she'll continue being happy in the future. Maybe she didn't need her friends that much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy or brainwashed? I am still very sceptic about this...

    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Johanna It's been two months since they are together. I think she's still happy.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog